Evoking the dark side of the moon, this limited-edition men’s watch celebrates Citizen's partnership with HAKUTO-R, a Japanese lunar exploration project with plans to launch an expedition to the moon. Made with the same Super Titanium™ technology the company will be using to help craft components for the mission, the watch features a unique dial comprising several layers to create a three-dimensional look that expresses the surface of the moon. The subdial at 6 o'clock is accented by mother-of-pearl and lined with white butterflies in black, and light-reflecting elements on the outer circumference evokes stars in space. On the back, the HAKUTO-R logo is laser etched for a lasting reminder of the ambitious lunar project. Advanced features also include world time in 27 cities (40 time zones), a chronograph, dual time zones, universal coordinated time display, perpetual calendar, as well as daylight savings time, power reserve and light level indicators. Limited to 1600 pieces worldwide. Caliber number H800.
Hakuto R | Limited Edition
- Eco-Drive Technology - Powered by any light. Never needs a battery.
- Limited Edition - Limited to 1,600 pieces worldwide.
- The Moon on your wrist - The dials unique design is meant to evoke the surface of the moon using mother-of-pearl, white butterflies in black, and light-reflecting elements.
- Atomic Timekeeping - A signal containing the precise time, day and date, measured by an atomic clock accurate to one second every 100,000 years, is sent directly to the watch using standard radio waves. This signal is picked up overnight by the timepiece which automatically adjust the date and time.
- World Time - A function that quickly tells time in 27 cities (40 time zones.)
- Perpetual Calendar - A function that tells the day, date, month, and cycles of the leap year. Made for practicality and low maintenance.
- Chronograph - A 1/20 second stop watch that measures up to 60 minutes.
- Power Reserve indicator - displays the remaining charge of an Eco-Drive watch and indicates the following so that information about whether and when the watch must be recharged.
- Super Titanium - Citizen's proprietary space-age material that’s 5 times more scratch resistant and 40% lighter than stainless steel.
- Sapphire Crystal - Virtually Scratch Proof. Anti-Reflective Coating.